After release of Android 4, the Ice Cream Sandwich based AOSP ROMs are now developed by Android developers and fans for their devices. For Nexus S, currently CyanogenMod 9 will enable it to install Android 4. Koush, the ROM Manager developer responsible for CyanogenMod 9 declared the ROM for Nexus S to be pretty stable. So it time to check out fantastic Andriod 4 on Nexus S.
- You need rooted Nexus S
- Make sure ClockworkMod recovery is installed
- Download ROM from XDA Developers website
- Turn your phone off and boot into bootloader mode by holding Volume down and Power Button
- In bootloader mode use volume keys to navigate to “Enter Recovery Mode” and select it using power button
- you will see warning, press power button and volume up key after which you will see Menu.
- In Recovery Mode go to backup and restore and make bakup of your device
- After backing up go back to main menu and wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache.
- Now select advanced and select wipe dalvik cache
- Now its almost done, go to install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM
- Wait till ROM is flashed and enjoy.
Some users have reported issues with Wi-Fi, Camcoder, Market Apps and Facebook Sync.
Please note that by following this Tutorial you are on your own, we will not be responsible if something goes wrong and it damages your device.