Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot is the latest edition of the Ubuntu OS series. Good news for Ubuntu lovers! Its complete version has been released today which is less prone to bugs and is more stable (that’s just obvious!) than the beta Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot version.
Along with many other changes Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot comes with an updated version of the Unity desktop. Other changes include: -
- A newer revamped Dash
- Lenses are now part of the Dash
- Lense refinement tools
- Dash, launcher and Panel “camouflage” based on the desktop wallpaper
Unity is based atop of the latest unstable release of GNOME 3.
Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot comes with a few new applications that have been preinstalled in it for your ease. These applications are of great importance for example thunderbird, the email client and a backup tool which is DeJa Dup.
In addition to these features The Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot has been redesigned to make finding and installing new applications faster, easier and more fun. Moreover, along with all of the usual performance, stability, application and package upgrades one would expect to find some other new features of Ubuntu 11.10 are:
- changes to all the default Indicator Applets (including a new ‘Device Menu’)
- a new login screen powered by ‘LightDM’
- rewritten version of social-networking client Gwibber
- Multiarch support allows easy installation of 32bit apps and libraries on 64bit desktops
- An application syncing’ service useable via the Ubuntu Software Centre.